Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bee Scrappy September

Kendra, of Bee Scrappy, is going to make a quilt for her son. Her theme is woodland creatures, gnomes, birds etc. Beyond that and with just a few color restrictions (no pink) we had lots of creative freedom. 
This was my first ever attempt at picture piecing. I designed the owl block on the Mac. Turns out that was the easy part. It has some issues with corners matching and I kept reversing parts like tree limbs. My seam ripper was smoking. 

The second block, the forest below, I designed full size on freezer paper and cut out each part and ironed it on to the fabric scraps and cut them with seam allowances. This went together much more accurately and except for the extra bird parts in the sky I like it a lot!
Note the hand-dyed sky. Phew! Glad those are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment